Friday, March 4, 2011

strengths.vs.weaknesses

Tulips by poppy662
Tulips a photo by poppy662 on Flickr.
I have been thinking a ton about how God sees people. Because I want to be more like that... I want to see others through Godly binoculars! There is an article in our church magazine, the Ensign, called Looking for the Good. It is amazing. One of the Apostles of the Church talks about seeing the glass half full or half empty. Which way do you see it?! I realized how important it is for us to see people's strengths instead of their weaknesses, to see what they have, not what they are lacking. Do we see how many mistakes others have made, or do we see how many things others have accomplished. We all have weaknesses and we all need our Savior, Jesus Christ, to turn our weaknesses into strengths. He makes up for what we lack. I love the scripture passage in 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 (kjv):

"9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."


Let us all use the Atonement of Christ in our lives and allow our weaknesses to become strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment