Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peace

There is a hymn in my church that I love.  One of the line in it says... "Where can I turn for peace, where is my solace.." I often think about that line when I am sad, or when I just can't seem to find a ray of sunshine at all. Then I think of the scripture in John 14 that says in verse 27

 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

It clicks.  Christ is the answer.  He is the one who gives us peace, because of him we can recieve peace and solace in our lives. I remember feeling so alone and getting on my knees and asking God to comfort me. I couldn't believe the love that poured over me as I thought of the Savior.  I have a picture in my room of a young women kneeling at the Saviors knees asking for forgiveness.  I love it because I know that we can receive peace from him if we believe and if we go to him. So find peace today, seek out the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment