Monday, April 25, 2011

church...

I just have to write a post about church.  One aspect of missionary work is inviting people to church.  We pretty much invite as many people as we can.  Because who doesn't love a little upliftment once a week, accompanied with songs, prayers, a lot of awesome knowledge, oh and your spirit is totally rejuvenated... So yeah we kind of want to share that with everyone.  And so when Sunday morning rolls around... as a missionary, you just can't wait to see who comes.  I grew up going to church. I will admit there are times that I wish I was kind of sick so I could stay home... But when that actually happened I couldn't help but think how much more fun church was.  Silly how that works.  Well so I just want to describe to you the feelings a missionary has on Sunday mornings...

 You wake up and can't help but think about who might come to enjoy church that day.  Then you drive to church, fifteen minutes early to save seats for the slews of people coming in. You are so nervous at every door opening and shutting... hoping and hoping someone that you have taught that week, or invited to church actually comes.  Then you pray so hard that just one of them will come, that their car actually works that morning, or their kids got out of bed, or they woke up on time knowing there was somewhere important for them to be.  And in they come.  Smiling, but looking a little timid.  You usher them over with big smiles and comforting words.  Then you sit and thank your Father in Heaven, for that little extra effort He gave that person to get to church.  Oh man I can't even describe the joy.  You seriously feel like nothing could be wrong in the world... bliss. Well I hope you felt like a missionary for a moment... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment