Thursday, September 8, 2011

my joy is full

smiling eyes"...he has poured out his Spirit upon you, and has caused that your hearts should be filled with joy, and has caused that your mouths should be stopped that ye could not find utterance, so exceedingly great was your joy." (Mosiah 4:20)

I feel like this right now.  I feel so overjoyed.  Today Sister Garcia and I went to visit a lady that attends our church. She seriously is one of the sweetest ladies I know.  She showed us some things that she learned from a class that she took, one of which was how to express your feelings.  She showed us a sheet of a lot of different kind of feelings.  Sister Garcia mentioned that we could use that in our companionship and so she decided to make us both a copy.  It was fun to look at the list and think about the way that we were feeling.  The day continued on and a lot of really great things happened. Miracles, actually. And now I can say my Joy is full!!! That is why I picked that scripture at the top.  Because I am speechless.  NO word can really describe how I feel. My mouth is definitely stopped. Have you ever felt like that?
God blesses us everyday with countless joys and countless reasons to be happy.  I bet if your took five mintues you could  think of a dozen blessings you've recieved today.  try it.  I think you'll be surprised.  But the ultimate way that we can feel joy is through God's Son, Jesus Christ. He really is my joy and my song, my life and my light. An Apostle of the Lord, Elder David A. Bednar, gave a beautiful talk about tender mercies from the Lord.  Blessings that we are given each day no matter our circumstances.  This is a quote from his talk:

"We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance"

No comments:

Post a Comment