Monday, May 16, 2011

awkward?

okay for any of you who know me... I tend to always get mixed up in awkward situations.  And if you are a missionary it happens everyday.  So I guess I'm at home with all the awkward situations... We talk to pretty much everyone.  We invite as many people as we can to hear about the Restored gospel, which can make others feel awkward as well as put us in awkward situations. I try to make it as normal as I can, but what can people think when they see two 21 year olds in skirts asking you to share your testimony about Christ?! I know it is a little out of the ordinary. But I am grateful for it.  I am grateful for the funny things in life that make us laugh. I'm grateful to have this opportunity to serve the Lord and to talk to so many people. I have met so many people I can't even believe how incredibly lucky I am to know all the people I do and that would not have happened unless I had opened my mouth and talked with them about God, or about their families, or about the things they love!!!  I love being a missionary.  It is such an amazing experience.  So embrace awkward today.  Talk with someone about the gospel. Make them laugh and share with them the Love of God.  I know that you will be blessed for it and you will feel so happy no matter how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment