Friday, June 24, 2011

Fridge of Food?


Lately I just haven't been able to stop laughing and I know all the good things that have made me laugh are from God.  On Monday, most missionaries, have preparation day.  A day where they prepare for the week.  So we usually buy our groceries... since it is near the end of the month both me and my companion were low on funds but we knew that God would provide... Somehow... So we decided to go help this really awesome family move, and then figure out how we would buy some food to last us until July.  Well we got there and started helping her pack up all the bedding.  When we were done with that she says, rather reluctantly, "Do you mind taking some of our food? We are getting on a plane tonight and can't keep any of our food!"  My companion and I both looked at each other and just started to laugh... She said 'I'm being serious.' So we honestly thinking this was a joke peeked into her fridge and pantry.  And you'll never believe it, she had all the necessities; bread, milk, cereal, produce, ice cream (okay probably not a necessity), cheese, lunch meat, and more.  We were both so astonished! I can just imagine Heavenly Father laughing at how wide our eyes got when she told us that.  So we went home that day with everything we needed, and not having to worry about food, at all. 

Sometimes I really think that God has a sense of humor.  That He too likes to laugh.  I mean think of a time when you have been the most happiest, there is always a time of laughter in that moment. And I know that all good things come from God.  Like the scripture in Moroni says:
 '...all things which are good cometh of God...that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; therefore everything that inviteth and enticeth to do good and to love God and to serve him is inspired of God.' (moroni 7:12-13)

I invite you all to look for the good things in your life that make you laugh and invite you to do good, like giving all your food to some poor missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment