Thursday, June 16, 2011

rain

So summer is pretty much upon us.  It starts officially next week, but I have to admit that I am very sad, for a couple of reasons.  First off I'll miss the rain, but thankfully it rains a lot here in Rochester.  Secondly once summer starts then the next thing is fall and I'm out of here, very depressing.  Rain is just one of those things that I can't get enough of.  It is so beautiful and so cleansing.  It always puts me in a good mood.   I was thinking about how happy I am to see the sun after a few days of rain.  And visaversa I'm happy to see the rain after a few days of Sunshine.  I guess that what I'm trying to say is that I can enjoy both because I've had both. It is the exact way with life... even though sometimes it is really hard to enjoy the storms of life.  But how would anything grow without the rain? I love this quote given in General Conference by Elder Paul V. Johnson " I doubt many of us would label our afflictions light. Yet in comparison to the blessings and growth we ultimately receive, both in this life and in eternity, our afflictions truly are light."  In this life we can find hope from our trials.  We can see the sunshine after the rain, even if your life is full of storms, if you endure them well you will have a sunny life ahead of you.  I know that we will be able to feel complete rest from our cares and we will be with our families and our loving Father in heaven.  We will feel the joy of working hard and relying on the merits of Christ. I pray that we can all enjoy the sunshine and the storms that life throws at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment