Wednesday, June 15, 2011

tender mercies


I just have to write about tender mercies today... I'm sure that you have had experiences before where you have seriously felt like God knows you completely and perfectly.  It is so amazing how all knowing He is.  I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and sends us tender mercies... Now what exactly is a tender mercy?

[tender mercies] : "the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ" (David A Bednar)

I have had so many of these amazing tender mercies in my life time. But as of late I have received a lot more.  I know that my Father in Heaven loves me and wants to bless my life.  At times I don't feel worthy of such miraculous blessings.  But as children of a loving Father in Heaven, He will give us all the blessings He has if we are just obedient and have faith in His love.  A scripture in the first chapter of Nephi explains this:  “But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance” (1 Ne. 1:20).

What are some tender mercies in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment