Friday, May 6, 2011

mothers.day

Well for a missionary mothers day can be kind of hard. We are so use to having our mom always there for us. To help us, to feed us, to care for us. So it is a bit of a shock when we leave that for two years or eighteen months to serve the Lord. I remember last year on mothers day, I had just left for the Missionary Training Center and we watched a musical program called 'music and the spoken word' and it was all about mothers. I remember just crying, and feeling an overwhelming love for my mother. But Mothers Day means we get to call home. Which I am truly happy about. So today I just wanted to share a little quote about mothers and how important they are. This is a quote from one of President Thomas S. Monsons talks, all about mothers:


"May each of us treasure this truth: One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one."Spring Blossoms by poppy662

So take the time today to thank Mother for all she has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment