Monday, August 1, 2011

Food... I really like it

So I really like food.  I mean a lot.  I will try anything... well almost, no I'll try anything.  On a mission people tend to be really nice and we always get fed.  And I'll tell you what I've had a lot of, maybe not as much as missionaries in a foreign country, but still a lot of different things.  I seriously love it all. I guess you could say that eating might be one of my hobbies... Now it isn't one of those hobbies that I'm good at eating a lot... Because I can't.  But I like to eat good food, fresh food, real food, different kinds of food. Wow I'm getting hungry.  Well the point I'm trying to make is that our body needs food and so why not enjoy what we need right? Well our spiritual bodies are the same.  We need spiritual nutrients.  And we should enjoy it while we can. Here are a few suggestions of how to enjoy spiritual nutrients

1. Don't overwhelm yourself, you will get sick! Start out small and build on that.  Just like this man you can build a spiritual stomach for almost anything the stronger your testimony is.

2. Be balanced! Take an institute class, read the Book of Mormon, listen to talks on tape, watch a Mormon message. There is a lot of things to choose from.
3. Share what you have.  Things are always better when you share, especially the spiritual cornucopia you have gained.  Don't be selfish!
 
"Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of n
Well those are just a few tips for today. I pray that we can all feed our spirits everyday.  And enjoy it too.
o worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy one of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness."
 2 Nephi 9:51 

No comments:

Post a Comment