Monday, August 8, 2011

What can you see through my eyes?

"The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light"
Matthew 6:22

I love looking into peoples eyes and finding out who they really are.  I especially love to look people in the eye and tell them how much I love the Savior.  Like so many people say the eye is a window to your soul, and I know that is true.  I think that is why sometimes we are scared to look people in the eye.  We are maybe afraid of what they'll see or maybe even what we'll see!!! I love what Christ teaches though, because it is a pretty deep concept.  I don't think he necessarily meant that when you see someone you'll know right off if they are full of light or not, but that if they are focused on the Lord,  If there eye is single to His glory then they will be full of light.  Their life will be centered on Heavenly Father and on His son Jesus Christ they are looking forward to the day when they can live with them again. Knowing that makes me want to have my vision single to God's glory.  I want to be seen as someone that is looking forward to the Savior with hope, optimism and faith! How do you see your future?!

No comments:

Post a Comment