Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bugs

            Today I was outside, with a family from Canada and  one of the little girls, about five, decided to lift up a log outside to look under it. So curious!  And what was there... Bugs!!! A lot of bugs.  I guess you could say that I am a girly girl and those things tend to make me squeemish, maybe because my five brother tourted me with them... But I have come to appreciate the beauty that is all around us, even bugs.  Well that little five year old girl picked up a big worm and was just playing with it in her hands like it was a fuzzy little chick. Just seeing her do that made me have no fear and it made me realize how fearless children really are. 

               Yeah sometimes they are timid, but as a whole they love to talk to new people and see new things. Something else that I have noticed about kids is that they always get right back up when they fall like nothing even happened. I admire these young ones, that have so much resilience and so much curiosity about life.
Christ taught that we need to be like little children, to be humble and submissive. How have the children in your life taught you to be more Christlike?
"And said, Verily I say unto you, except ye e converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matt 18:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment